Saturday, December 19, 2009

TwiScam?

UPDATE! 12/21/09
Rachel Thieme e-mailed my mom back. She apologized and said she will be getting the necklace to our home shortly. She also said due to our troubles she would add a little something extra. My mom won't tell me what :( Until Christmas morning!
You see? Not only did I have a snow day on Jackson's birthday, but I get good news as well. He's good luck, I tell you!
Happy Birthday, Jackson.

ATTENTION:
DO YOU LOVE THE NEW TWIMERCH. CIRCULATING THE WEB?
BE CAREFUL!
NOT ALL MERCH WILL GET TO YOU ON TIME BEFORE XMAS.

TAKENBYTWILIGHT.COM
The handcrafted Twilight-themed miscellaneous of Taken By Twilight use the actual pages from the Twilight books in order to craft their one-of-a-kind gems. Naturally, like every Twilight fan, you would want your favorite character's name as a necklace, pin, or anything, right? Well I asked for a necklace with "Jasper's Presence" as the focus of the piece by Rachel Thieme (seen below).

My mom ordered it for me on December 2nd, 2009. It is now December 19th, 2009 and still no necklace. I understand they are handcrafted, so I thought it just took a long time to make. My mom called the number on the website to see if there was a tracking number of some sort or to see if it would be here by Christmas. No answer. She called five times and still nothing.

They've already taken the money from her credit card, so the scam is over. But TakenByTwilight was at TwiCons, right? They have a pretty decent background and reputation to back them up. Hopefully all is well, but I can't help, but wonder... is this a scam?

What do you think?



2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ugh, that sucks. D:
But I love the Taken By Twilght line. I have the "Bite Me" neckalce and the "Twilight Addict" one too.

Paige Elizabeth said...

I love their line, too! I hope everything is okay and no tragedy has caused this setback. Hopefully it all works out because I would love to own a Taken By Twilight necklace. Thanks for commenting my blog! :)